Get ready to beat the heat with refreshing and tasty Aam Panna. Made from juicy raw mangoes, this drink is a traditional summer cooler that is both healthy and tasty.
|Crushed Black Pepper||1 tsp|
|Black Salt||2 tsp|
|Mango||1 large or 2 medium sized raw mangoes|
|Jaggery/Sugar||Double the amount of Mango pulp|
- Wash and then steam the raw mangoes with enough water to immerse in a pressure cooker for 3-4 whistles till they soften and become mushy.
- Cool and remove the peel. Scoop out the mango pulp and discard the rest.
- Add crushed cardamom, crushed black pepper, salt and jaggery to the mango pulp. Blend in a mixer grinder for few seconds to make it smooth.
- Raw mango preserve is ready. Store it in an air tight container.
- To serve Aam ka Panna, add 1 tbsp of the preserve and few ice cubes to a glass of water. Stir well and serve chilled.
- Adjust the level of sweetness as per your taste by adding/reducing jaggery/sugar.
- You can also steam mangoes in a regular pot/pan. Just keep in mind to cook them until very soft and pulpy so that the skin comes out easily
|Amount Per Serving|
|Serving – 1|
|Total Fat||8.6 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.8 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1.6 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||1,782.0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||40.4 g|