Be it children or adults, everyone loves a creamy treat. Here is the recipe for a Blackcurrant cream pastry which brings together the flavours of fruit and cream with a twist.
|Refined Flour||150 gms|
|Unflavored Gelatin powder||06 tbsp|
|Vanilla essence||Few Drops|
|Lukewarm Water||300 ml|
|Blackcurrant Crush||80 ml|
|Whipped Cream||150 gms|
|Sugar Syrup||80 ml|
- Place lukewarm water in a small bowl and sprinkle with gelatine and mix. Add Sugar and mix it well till peak consistency.
- Add Vanilla essence to it and mix it well.
- Fold in Sieved flour into the mixture.
- Pour it into greased and dusted baking tray. And bake it in preheated oven at 170* C for 20 minutes.
- Cool the sponge before cutting it into two layers.
- Sprinkle it with chilled sugar syrup.
- Spread a layer with half quantity cream and Blackcurrant crush. Repeat the same for the second layer.
- Cool it before cutting it into desired sizes and shapes.
Amount Per Serving
Serving – 1
|Total Fat||65.8 g|
|Saturated Fat||32.1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||6.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||19.1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||237.8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2.2 g|
Dharmadhikari PM, Master Chef – Bakery & Pastry, Sterling Holidays