Chicken Mappas is a Kerala style curry where fish is cooked in creamy coconut milk and served with uthappam
Coconut oil 3 tsp
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves 5-6
Whole red chilies 4
Ginger julienne 1/4 tsp
Garlic julienne 1/4 tsp
Green chilies slit 3 pc
Sliced onion 2 pc
Sliced tomato 2 pc
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Chicken leg 2 pc
Coconut milk 1/2 cup
- Heat coconut oil in pan. Add garlic julienne, ginger julienne, slit green chilies and sliced onions. Sauté till onions turn brown.
- Now add sliced tomato, coriander powder, turmeric powder, chicken legs.
Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now remove cover and reduce to a semi dry consistency.
- Add coconut milk and let simmer for 2 minutes taking care not to let the milk come to a boil.
- Temper with coconut oil, mustard seeds, whole red chilies, curry leaves.
- Serve hot with uthappam and pickle.