Pomfret fish cooked in creamy coconut milk gravy with mustard seeds, curry leaves, tomatoes and turmeric. Our chef has put together a recipe for Pomfret Moilee. Try it out at home and let us know what you think.
Pomfret fish 1
Coconut oil 2tsp
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Curry leaves 10
Green chilies slit 3
Ginger julienne 1tbsp
Fenugreek seeds ½ tsp
Onion roundel 2
Tomato roundel 2
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
Coconut milk ½ cup
Black pepper 1/2 tsp
- Clean pomfret and make small slits both sides to allow spices to penetrate.
- Heat coconut oil in pan. Add fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds, curry leaves, ginger juliennes, and slit green chilies, onions roundels, and turmeric powder.
- Sauté till onions turn translucent.
- Add salt and the cleaned pomfret.
- Cover and leave for 5 minutes.
- Before removing from fire add thick coconut milk and tomatoes.
- Serve hot with bread.