Here is a recipe for a mouthwatering dish which is perfect as an accompaniment with evening tea or a dessert. This Central European dish is the favourite of bakers around the world. Loved by kids and adults alike, this easy to make sweet delight is sure to leave a lasting impression on your taste buds.
|Vanilla Essence||few drops|
|Mixed Fruit Jam/Strawberry Jam||100gms or as required|
- Beat the eggs and sugar in a bowl till it turns into a light and fluffy mixture or till its reaches its peak consistency.
- Add the Vanilla Essence to it and mix well, maintaining its consistency.
- Fold in sieved flour to the beaten egg and sugar mixture.
- Pour the batter into a greased and dusted baking tray and bake it in a preheated oven at 170* C for about 15 minutes or till it is done.
- Take it out and cool the sponge.
- Place the sponge on a Butter paper and spread the jam evenly on the sponge.
- Roll the sponge with the help of the butter paper and seal it. Leave it to rest before cutting it into slices.
- Serve on a plate with a rosette of whipped cream on the side.
Amount Per Serving
Serving – 1
Dharmadhikari PM, Master Chef – Bakery & Pastry, Sterling Holidays