Have a hard time convincing your family to eat pumpkin?
Here is a recipe which will make pumpkin one of their favourites. A unusual and unique combination of pumpkin and watermelon, this soup is a great choice for the summer season.
|Yellow pumpkin puree||2 cups|
|Water melon juice||8 oz|
|Slice of French loaf||1 slice|
|Garlic butter||1 tbsp|
|Chopped onion||½ cup|
|Parsley Steak||100 gms|
- Peel the pumpkin. Blanch it in water and cool completely. Puree it in a mixer and keep aside.
- Heat butter and saute chopped onion, garlic, leek & parsley steak.
- Add the pumpkin puree and cook till the mixture becomes smooth.
- When it is nicely cooked and mixed, strain the mixture through a strainer and add watermelon juice.
- Blend it all together in a mixer to get a fine, smooth textured soup. Keep aside.
- Toast a French bread slice until crisp. Apply garlic butter and serve hot accompanied with the soup.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Serving – 1|
|Total Fat||28.9 g|
|Saturated Fat||8.5 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.6 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||4.8 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||79.9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||23.4 g|