Are you looking for an innovative dessert to serve in your next party? Or a nutritious evening snack for your kids? Then Jaggery Samosa can be the answer. Try this out and have your guests and kids eating out of your hands.
|Jaggery (nicely shredded)||100 gm|
|Sesame seeds||60 gm|
|Elaichi powder||2 gm|
|Pista, Badam and Cashewnuts for stuffing||50 gm|
- Heat water in a heavy bottomed pan. Add shredded jaggery and mix well.
- Melt jaggery on low heat. It will change colour from a lighter shade to dark brown. Remove the pan from flame and keep it aside. (Take care so that jaggery does not get overheated and burnt)
- Roast sesame seeds well in another pan and mix them with jaggery syrup.
- Knead this mixture into soft dough and divide it into five balls.
- Roll each ball into a thin circle. Cut it into two equal parts with a knife. Apply little water along the straight edges by overlapping them.
- Make a cone by joining the straight edges and stuff the nuts into it.
- Serve these samosas, garnished with nuts.
Amount Per Serving
Serving – 1
|Total Fat||187.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||22.3 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||66.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||64.2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||172.0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||37.8 g|
Chef Manoj Dhiman