Who doesn’t like yummy desserts after a nice meal? Here is a signature dish of Japan. Like every other Japanese preparation, this dessert is also very light, fresh and heavenly. These are skewered rice dumplings, coated with coconut and sweet soya sauce.
|Rice flour||1& 1/3cup|
|Hot water||¾ cup|
|Normal water||2/3 cup|
|Corn flour||2 ½ tbsp|
|Soy Sauce||2 tbsp|
|Bamboo skewers||5 no|
- Grate coconut finely. Keep it aside.
- Take rice flour in a bowl. Gradually pour hot water and add grated coconut to the flour. Knead into soft dough.
- Divide the dough into small parts and roll into small dumplings (round balls).
- Steam these dumplings for ten minutes. Let them cool for a while.
- Place them in the skewers (You can put four dumplings per skewer). Grill them and keep aside.
- For the sauce, mix sugar, soya sauce and water. Bring it to boil on medium flame.
- Add corn flour and boil again for a minute.
- Brush this sauce over dumplings and serve.
Amount Per Serving
Serving – 1
|Total Fat||0.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||60.2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.2 g|