Eco-Art tutorial from Munnar – Terrace Greens
With common everyday materials available at home, learn how to create a beautiful mask by following these simple steps.
DO IT YOURSELF:
- 1 Plastic water bottle
- Wood waste
- Shisha Mirrors
- A long piece of string
- Glitter powder
- Take an empty plastic bottle
- Using the marker, draw an outline of a mask on the bottle
- With a pair of scissors, cut out the mask from the bottle by cutting along the edges of the outline
- Take the wood waste and staple it on top of the mask
- Using fevicol, apply glitter powder over the mask. Then, proceed to decorate it with the mirrors
- Now, take the marker and draw an outline of the eyes so that the mask looks complete
- Your tribal mask is now ready
Tip: Try creating such masks using different coloured papers. Plan a theme party and invite your friends over. Distribute these masks, click pictures and have some fun!
By following these simple steps, it becomes possible to create a beautiful mask from an ordinary plastic bottle – a bottle that otherwise would have been discarded and piled up at landfills. Eco-art is thus an earth-friendly activity that any beginner can accomplish with ease.
Eco-Art is now part of the regular holiday activities for guests at Munnar – Terrace Greens.