Turkey is a favourite fowl for many and who would not love a wholesome meal of turkey? With fresh spices and delightful vegetables with the goodness of olive oil as dressing, here is a fantastic recipe made of turkey. We assure you that this exotic dish will be the centre of attraction and will be relished by everyone.
|Turkey breast (boneless)||400 gm|
|Freshly ground black pepper||½ tsp|
|Light garlic and herbs spreadable cheese||2 tbsp|
|Seedless green olives||10 no.|
|Carrot strips chopped||10 no.|
|Red cabbage thin strips||10 no.|
|French beans thin strips||10 no.|
|Fresh flat leaf parsley chopped||2 tbsp|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 tsp (divided)|
|White wine||2 tbsp|
|Basil leaf (for garnish)||1 no.|
- Place each Turkey breast (half pieces) between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound each piece to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Sprinkle both sides of turkey with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Mix cheese, Olives, chopped carrot in a small bowl. Spread 1 1/2 teaspoons cheese mixture over each breast piece. Flatten with hand. Roll up turkey like a jelly-roll, starting with narrow end. Secure at 1-inch intervals with twine. Set aside.
- Place vegetable strips in a steamer. Add cranberry juice and let it simmer it for 3 minutes. Drizzle 2 teaspoons of oil; toss gently so that the strips are coated evenly. Cover and keep them warm.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high flame. Place turkey in a pan, and cook for 6 minutes, so that it becomes brown on all sides. Add wine and water. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for 6 minutes or until turkey is done.
- Remove turkey from pan, and let stand for 2 minutes. Remove twine, and slice each roulade crosswise into 5 equal pieces.
- Place about 5 strips of each vegetable and a cup of the pasta mixture on each of 4 plates; top each with 5 pieces roulade. Serve immediately.
- Melt cheese with fresh cream in 1:2 ratio, add white wine and chopped parsely. Season with salt and pepper powder for sauce to top it with.
Amount Per Serving
Serving – 1
|Calories from fat:||21 %|
|Saturated fat:||3.2 g|
|Monounsaturated fat:||5.2 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat:||2 g|